I was ordered to pay 70% of my income towards temporary support?

You can appeal a judge imposing a temporary relief order such as awarding temporary custody or spousal support in your Florida Divorce or Custody Case.

The divorce court judge ordered me to pay over 70% of my income towards temporary support.  Can I appeal?

Temporary relief orders are one of the areas where judges have the greatest degree of discretion.  That said, depending on the facts of the case, it is likely reversible error to require you to pay more than half of your income towards temporary support. 

In some cases, there is an argument that a party can be required to pay temporary support from their assets during the time the case is pending.  Depending on the incomes of each party and assets available, such a result might not be disturbed on appeal.

Did this answer your question?

Back to Appealing Temporary Relief Orders

Call (561) 810-0170 or click here for more information about scheduling a consultation and strategy session with the Florida Divorce & Appellate lawyers of Bruce Law Firm, P.A..  The firm’s practice is limited to divorce and family law and represents clients in all of Florida’s appellate courts under fixed-fee pricing arrangements with a money back guarantee.  The firm shares fees with referring attorneys pursuant to Florida Bar rules.  All information on this website is subject to this Legal Disclaimer.  Click West Palm Beach Divorce Lawyer for the firm’s other divorce and family law website.