Refusal to grant request for modification | Florida child support

Child support attorney answers common questions when considering modification of child support or appealing a ruling in a child support case in Florida.

The Florida judge refused to grant my request to modify child support.  Can I appeal?

It depends. To obtain a modification of child support you must establish a substantial, unanticipated change in circumstances that is involuntary and permanent in nature.  If evidence established all of the aforesaid factors, you are more likely to have grounds to appeal.  

Did this answer your question?

Back to Appealing Florida Child Support Orders

Call (561) 810-0170 or click here for more information about scheduling a consultation and strategy session with the Florida Divorce & Appellate lawyers of Bruce Law Firm, P.A..  The firm’s practice is limited to divorce and family law and represents clients in all of Florida’s appellate courts under fixed-fee pricing arrangements with a money back guarantee.  The firm shares fees with referring attorneys pursuant to Florida Bar rules.  All information on this website is subject to this Legal Disclaimer.  Click West Palm Beach Divorce Lawyer for the firm’s other divorce and family law website.